This week we're honored to welcome RADICALEDWARD to the confessional.....
- Sunday Morning : Name your 3 biggest life influences... why?
RADICALEDWARD :Cartoons. Definitely. Cartoons have always been the recipe for making me feel better, or giving me inspiration for writing, beats, art, whatever it may be. The idea of cartoons, in the sense that there are no limits to what you can do, is an infinitely beautiful thing. Also, cartoons are always just feel-good. I watch Spongebob and Adventure Time on a daily basis to keep me stable haha. But for some reason, they've always been a positive aspect of my home life. Just staying up late on a Sunday night watching the Jetsons is a good night to me haha.
Andrew W.K., who is in a band, named after himself, but he also is a motivational speaker. He's basically the most positive dude ever. And his message really got through to me, straight to the heart. Just be happy, be a positive dude, there's no reason to feel alone cause in reality we have everything. His ideas just changed me and continue to change me, always in a positive direction.
My small group of friends and my family. My little group of friends are basically these three girls I met all at different times, but we all ended up hanging out and with them I just had some of the most positive experiences of my life, just those moments where you can't even explain that perfect feeling you felt. And it's those memories that keep me going. I also have a few beats that were inspired by some of them (:
- SM: Verbally portray the sound of RADICALEDWARD....
R: Positive, upbeat, feel-good, just trying to make someone's day a little more upbeat :D
- SM: Now describe your sound in tweet format (less than 140 characters, twitter-related abbreviations)
R: UHHHHHHHHHHHH. I don't know if that's possible! 80s music, basically. At least thats the goal xD
- SM: If you were given the opportunity to collaborate with any artisan (visual, audible, edible).... who? .... why?
R: Most likely MF DOOM, Teebs, or Lone. DOOM was kinda the instrumental hiphop I FIRST heard, he was that starting point, essentially. His beats are just so unique and I've always loved them. Teebs makes some of the most beautiful music I've ever heard. His music moves me immensely. But he also makes incredible studio artwork too, and he just seems like one of the most chill and awesome dudes. And Lone, simply because I can't resist that tropical flavor ;D I don't know how that man does it!
- SM: If you could teach listeners one thing through inspiration drawn from your music what would it be?
R: Just always have a good time! Don't let bad times get a hold of you, create memories, always strive for happiness :D Spend lots of time with people you love too.
- SM: Say you could physically turn any everyday object into an intergalactic travel craft.... what would you be navigating space in?
A panda. Definitely. With a ball-pit in it. And a waterpark. And Cold Stone...
- SM: Sticking with the last question, where would you go? what would you do there?
R: I would travel to a dead star and just fly around and through it just because it would look beautiful as shit! xD Or Spain I suppose.
- SM: If there was a cartoon being drawn loosely based on your life, who/what would your sidekick be?
R: Once again, a panda. But a painfully cute one. That says really absurd things, and loves to give hugs.
- SM: Most crucial skill you acquired while attending Polar Bear University....
R: Penguin Appreciation class definitely gave me the skills to broaden my mind to new things, cultures, music, foods etc. But also the teacher was a penguin, so I didn't really have a choice...
- SM: Define Success...
R: Happiness, bruh ;D