Thursday, March 15, 2012

Oddlogic - Chuuch Podcast XVII + Interview







oddlogic shares some insight...


  • Sunday Morning: Name your 3 biggest life influences... why? 


Oddlogic:My parents, because they raised me. The internet, because that's where I live. And Herman Hesse, because he changed the way I think about people and life itself.  
  • SM: Verbally portray your sound.... 


OL: Boom boom bah-bap. But in all seriousness- I guess it's something in between the beat scene in LA and the UK 'future bass' music scene. I've given up on trying to describe my music more specifically than that. All I know is that I don't make one genre. I'm not a 'hip hop producer'. 
  • SM: Now describe OUTLIER RECORDINGS in tweet format (less than 140 characters, twitter-related abbreviations) 


OL: GUD MUSIC + GUD ART, REAL ASS DUDES ND HONEST TUNES LOL RT @OH_MY_TOTALLY_GOD

  • SM: If you were given the opportunity to collaborate with any artisan (visual, audible, edible).... who? .... why? 


OL: JAMIE OLIVERxODDLOGIC- 'burnin' bones in the kitchen' 
...Because it would taste good! 
  • SM: If you could teach listeners one thing through inspiration drawn from your music what would it be?


OL: Do your own shit. Ignore trends and start your own thing, be it a genre, a label, a collective, or whatever else. Don't let people convince you that you are unable, make yourself able.  

  • SM: Somewhere you draw much inspiration from...


OL: People I know failing and succeeding in varying degrees. 
  • SM: Fondest musical memory....


OL: Being a young kid listening to my dad's records. I used to love to lay on the floor and listen to his old records in the dark. Reggae, Motown, Jazz, R&B, mmmmmm...OH! and let's not forget about ELTON JOHN!

  • SM: Fill in the blanks: ____________ is __________


OL: The Twilight Zone is probably the best thing on television.
  • SM: 24 hours to kill in Brooklyn, NY...


OL: 1. Food
2. Drink
  • SM: Define Success...


OL: Not being weighted by societal and socioeconomic impositions. Being content, happy, and free. 



No comments:

Post a Comment



https://soundcloud.com/sahasraramusic
http://laundryandluggage.tumblr.com/