this week we welcome sensei NegroSaki to the dojo...
- Sunday Morning: Name your 3 biggest life influences... why?
NegroSaki: YHWH (God), Yahusha (Jesus), and My Mom
- SM: Verbally portray your sound....
NS: An audial display of those certain good beats you always create in your head but can't ever remember.
- SM: Now describe NegroSaki in tweet format (less than 140 characters, twitter-related abbreviations)
NS: @NegroSaki is a cool, laid back, easy-going beat sensei who speaks honest truth and eats way too much cereal. #CinnamonToastCrunch
- SM: If you were given the opportunity to collaborate with any artisan (visual, audible, edible).... who? .... why?
NS: I'd definitely collab with Madlib. The amount of broken necks we cause would be cataclysmic.
- SM: If you could teach listeners one thing through inspiration drawn from your music what would it be?
NS: No matter the technique,
do whatever is necessary to create that ear-soothing melody,
even if that technique is kinda awkward.
- SM: Somewhere you draw much inspiration from...
- SM: Fondest musical memory....
NS: I'd have to say this current moment. A whole lot of young people have started looking to me as their musical (and even spiritual) mentor, just from listening to my music. I'm
forever grateful to have even a tiny speck of impact in someone's life. Truly a humbling experience.
- SM: Fill in the blanks: _______ is _______ and ________
NS: My beard is itching and needs to be combed again.
- SM: 24 hours to kill in Tampa, FL...
NS: Wake up, eat breakfast at Village Inn, go to Busch Gardens for a several hours, go home, get freshened up, hit up Applebee's when night hits, go back home, play video games until sunrise. Some folks probably expect me to mention Ybor City but I aint the clubbin type.
- SM: Define Success...
NS: Accepting Yahusha(Jesus) in your life. Just being honest. ;)