this week we have the pleasure of welcoming Green Street...
- Sunday Morning: Name your 3 biggest life influences... why?
Graham: My father, vinyl, art. My father always encouraged me to do what I love. Collecting old/new vinyl has been a big part of my life, since I was a teenager. I got into art as a child, drawing and making stuff, its therapeutic.
- SM: Verbally portray your work....
Mike: An ol' dirty stank record that skips a lot, being played in a smokey room.
- SM: Now describe Highway 1 in tweet format (less than 140 characters, twitter-related abbreviations)
Graham: Soulful journey through a psychedelic landscape. #coldbusted #chillout
- SM: If you were given the opportunity to collaborate with any artisan (visual, audible, edible).... who? .... why?
Mike: Love to make a beat for Jay Electronica. Fresh breath to the stale ass rap scene thats goin on.
- SM: If you could teach listeners one thing through inspiration drawn from your work what would it be?
Graham: Be patient. Don't settle. Can't learn it all in one sitting. Also to inspire them to do what they love, and to take chances for it.
- SM: Favorite strain?... why?
Mike: Supa Silva Haze...
- SM: Favorite street?... why?
. Graham: Murray Ave, Pittsburgh PA. Family.
Mike: Wilson Ave, Uptown, Chicago Learned a lot about life on that street.
- SM: Fill in the blanks: ____________ only _____________ when _________
MIke: Use only swishers when rolln.
- SM: 24 hours to spend in Columbia, SC...
Starts with breakfast @ Original house of pancakes, then dropping by papa jazz in 5 Pts. Chill at the Riverwalk. Hit up the flea market, grill out, and listen to the 1200s.
- SM: Define Success...
Mike: Being respected and appreciated for what I love to do, while being able to feed the fam.
Graham: Being around people I love, making a living in the music/art world.