Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Elaquent - Chuuch Interview

this week we multi-faceted beatsmif Elaquent shares his time....





  • Sunday Morning: Name your 3 biggest life influences... why?

Elaquent: my biggest influences has to be my family. my parents, my siblings, and music itself. those are the 3 things that enter my mind when i wake up, and exit my mind before i fall asleep.
  • SM: Verbally portray your sound....

EQ: my sound is a combination of a slap to the face, and an exotic massage. moreso the massage, but every so often, that slap catches you off guard. lol.
  • SM: Now describe HW&W in tweet format (less than 140 characters, twitter-related abbreviations)

EQ: #FF @huhwhatandwhere, ill label full of homies on some for us/by us shit. #hoodassniggas
  • SM: If you were given the opportunity to collaborate with any artisan (visual, audible, edible).... who? .... why?

EQ: would love to collab with DIBIA$E as far as beats go, otherwise i'd love to make beats for Blu. one day....i feel like my style would work really well with Blu's style. i'd love to collaborate with Alice Dufay again. google her and her 'Beats and Faces' series, i think that shit is fresh. 
  • SM: If you could teach listeners one thing through inspiration drawn from your music what would it be?

EQ: only thing i can suggest is to set a high standard for yourself. if you have low standards, you wont make very good music. with all the equipment and softward available nowadays, anything is possible.

  • SM: First cassette tape:

EQ: First tape i ever purchased was II by Boyz II Men. shouts out to Motown Philly. lol. well, that was my first purchase, my first tape was a dub of Fu-Schnickens i think.

  • SM: Tell us some of the music that has inspired you the most...

EQ: J Dilla - Welcome 2 Detroit.....Michael Jackson - Thriller.....Pete Rock - Petestrumentals.....Flying Lotus - Los Angeles....Common - Like Water For Chocolate. LWFC in particular, is my all time favourite album. I got tons of influences, too many to name, but those ones do it for me..

  • SM: Fill in the blanks: ___________ will ___________ until ___________

EQ: _____I_______ will _____continue making beats_______ until ___I win the lottery. lol.________

  • SM: Favorite Guelph, Ontario spots...

EQ: Dont really have any real fav spots in Guelph outside of my basement, mostly. and some of the pool halls downtown. Otherwise, some of my homies have tight cribs.
  • SM: Define Success...

EQ: Happiness, as a result of following your dreams, regardless of money.

No comments:

Post a Comment



https://soundcloud.com/sahasraramusic
http://laundryandluggage.tumblr.com/