Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Jincallo - Chuuch Podcast XXVI + Interview






this week Jincallo stops through . . . 



  • SUNDAY MORNING: Name your 3 biggest life influences... why?


JINCALLO: I'd have to say that my 3 biggest influences in life would have to be my 
city (Los Angeles), Anime, and minimalism.    I know it kinda sounds a 
little cheezy but these few things have impacted my life in more than 
one way through the years.

  • SM: Verbally portray your sound....


 J: I call my music Astro Dirt and if there was sound in space then I think
 my music would sound like that. I like to imagine my sound is what the 
aftermath of the big-bang would look like when everything was being 
created, simple on the surface but has some depth to it.

  • SM: Now describe Jincallo in tweet format (less than 140 characters, twitter-related abbreviations)


J: I know nothing, but Jincallo knows all #trippy

  • SM: If you were given the opportunity to collaborate with any artisan (visual, audible, edible).... who? .... why?


J: I would have loved to collaborate or hell even meet with the now late 
Nujabes, like most he inspired many to make music and I fell in love 
with his work back in the day, bumped his tunes daily as well. The 
journey started there and it was a sad day when I heard heard he passed a
 few years back. R.I.P.

  • SM: If you could teach listeners one thing through inspiration drawn from your music what would it be?


J: It would not to be afraid to express yourself. I believe that everyone 
has something within themselves to show to the world. If I can create 
something that will inspire or invoke some sort of emotion within 
someone else to get them going in whatever that is, then I'd be doing 
something right haha.

  • SM: Somewhere you draw much inspiration from...


J: I'd have to say it's been a combination of wherever I'm at in life at 
the moment and my friends. All my music is like a little snapshot of how
 I was feeling at the time and it's cool go back and see exactly what 
was going through my head at the time. A lot of my friends also make 
music and whenever they drop some tunes it kind of makes me get my shit 
together and try to get to their level, all in good fun though.

  • SM: Fondest musical moment...


J: I took a hike sometime near the end of the summer, didn't have anything
 to do and the whole day I listened to Dak's album "Standthis" all day. 
First time I sat down and listened to it all the way through and it blew
 my mind. Dude's a genius, mad slept on too.


  • SM: Fill in the blanks: ____________ is always  __________ and never  __________


J: Less is always more and never underestimate it.

  • SM: 24 hours to kill in (hometown, or current city of residence)...


J: I'd hit up  Carnitas michoacan for a cane asada feast, Low end theory, Little Tokyo, at least 2 arcades, and venice beach.

  • SM: Define Success...


J: Success for me is leaving your mark on the world. We all want to and I 
think if we make something worthwhile that can be passed down, then we 
will never really be gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment



https://soundcloud.com/sahasraramusic
http://laundryandluggage.tumblr.com/