Wednesday, February 1, 2012

King Boom - Chuuch Podcast XIV + Interview




KING BOOM's new album 'Concrete Lessons' available @ http://kingboom.bandcamp.com/



this week King Boom shares some insight...


  • Sunday Morning: Name your 3 biggest life influences... why?


King Boom: Outkast - I Say Outkast Because They Were Without A Doubt "Outkast" Had A Totally Different Sound From Most Cats Coming Out Of The South. I Got All They Albums. Even Albums From Some Of The Other Cats From Dungeon Family. Dungeon Fam Just Went Hard! & I Still Keep Up With Big Boi. 3stacks Kinda Making Me Mad With This Pop Shit Tho. They Influence Me A lot Because I'm From Arkansas, So I'm Kinda In The Same Boat. Not Too Many Folks Here Doing This Kinda Of Production. 

Madlib - Why? Because He is Muthafucking Madlib. Haha! But Really Dudes Work Ethic Is Crazy. And He's My Favorite Musician Period. 

Life - People, Places, & Things Man. Im Very Observant. & Things That I See & Experience Drive Me. I Could See A Bad Car Wreck & Feel Bad For Those Folks All Day. On The On Other Hand Somebody Could Step On My Shoes & Id Be Mad At That Dude All Day, Ready To Fight. Hahaha! Both Of Those Situations Can Be Transferred To My Music 

  • SM: Verbally portray your sound.... 


KB: A Melting Pot Of Funky Stuff. Ingredients Include The 4 Elements Of Hiphop, Jazzy & Funky Grooves. With A Hint Of Electrical Surges...Huh? 

  • SM: Now describe Day By Day in tweet format (less than 140 characters, twitter-related abbreviations)


KB: Everyday its the same. Sleep for about four hours. Study, Read, And Make Beats. From Now Till Infinity. Trying To Get Some Booty 2 #BOOM

  • SM: If you were given the opportunity to collaborate with any artisan (visual, audible, edible).... who? .... why?


KB: Hard Question. Too Many People I Would Love To Collab With. I Guess Madlib. Because Of What I Said Earlier. 

  • SM: If you could teach listeners one thing through inspiration drawn from your music what would it be?


KB: Since Most Of It Is Exclusively Audio With No Words. Id Encourage Using Their Imagination More. Most Music Today Is Simple And Bland. 
I Think My Music Is Trippy Enough For People To Not Even Have To Blaze That Bud. Even Though Im Usually Faded When Im Producing. haha!

  • SM: Fondest musical memory?


KB: When I First Got A Taste Of An Adult Swim Bump. My Life Changed. In Fact Life Begun. Lol 

  • SM: If you could re-score any film or video game soundtrack... which would it be? why?


KB: I Would Produce The Soundtrack To Those Motor Storm Games For The PS3. I Love That Game Series. And Id Make Some Epic Racing Beats. 

  • SM: Fill in the blanks: ____________ can be _____________ 


KB: Listening To Music Can Be Beneficial When Creating Music. 
Learn To Listen More Than You Create. 

  • SM:  24 hours to kill in Little Rock...


KB: In Little Rock?? Downtown Is The Place To Be. Or At The Club. Bound To Have Fun. Thats At night Tho. 
During The Day? Can Say. Its The Country. Outside Shit I Guess. Lol 

  • SM: Define Success...


KB: Having A Goal And Reaching It. It Could Be Anything. If It Gets Done, You Are Successful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment



https://soundcloud.com/sahasraramusic
http://laundryandluggage.tumblr.com/