Monday, September 5, 2011

kidkanevil - Basho Basho + Interview Interview





kidkanevil provides some insight...




  • Sunday Morning: Name your 3 biggest life influences... why?

kidkanevil: Don’t know if I have a definitive three but I’ll go with these today – Timbaland for encouraging me to investigate rhythms and beat patterns beyond the obvious. Arvo Part for showing me the depths and wonder music can reach. Hayao Miyazaki for showing its possible to carve your own lane and maintain genuine heart, innocence and joy in a commercially viable context.


  • SM: Verbally portray your sound....

k: ZoOoOoOp


  • SM: Now describe kidkanevil in tweet format (less than 140 characters, twitter-related abbreviations)

k: i make beats n sounds n i DJ too #tokyorkshire


  • SM: If you were given the opportunity to collaborate with any artisan (visual, audible, edible).... who? .... why?

k: I’d do an album with Daisuke Tanabe and call it kidsuke and it would be coming out sometime next year I hope…


  • SM: If you could teach listeners one thing through inspiration drawn from your music what would it be?

k: That’s tricky. At this point I can’t say I’d like to teach anyone any one thing. I wish to get better at my craft and expression in a way that’s meaningful and fulfilling to me, hopefully some people will also identify and connect to that experience when they listen to it but who knows.


  • SM: Somewhere you draw much inspiration from...

k: Cinema with subtitles.


  • SM: Fondest musical memory....

k: Playing on a piano at a family friends house when I was a child and realising that if you let single notes ring out it can only sound amazing, regardless of your technical knowledge. This was an important lesson!


  • SM: Fill in the blanks: _____ is _____ and _____



k: The Butter Battle Book by Dr. Seuss _________ is ____a masterpiece______ and _______I didn’t realise they made a 1989 animation of it, which Seuss himself apparently called the most faithful adaptation of his work.





  • SM: 24 hours to kill in London...

k: Haha, that sounds like the tag line of a Jason Statham movie. Last time I actually did have 24 hours to kill in London I went round the natural history museum listening to obscure film scores. Not the most underground suggestion but I had the best day ever. The next trip I have planned along those lines is to spend a day at the British Museum with music from each country exhibited on my ipod n just flip through as I walk round. Nahmsayin, that shit will be ill suuuuuuun.


  • SM: Define Success...

k: For me, when I occasionally create something I’m proud of.



http://www.kidkanevil.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment



https://soundcloud.com/sahasraramusic
http://laundryandluggage.tumblr.com/